Gauge Configuration in Tabx
What are Gauges?
Gauges are a special type of circular chart that focus on one or more answer categories within a single variable, and output that selection as a percentage.
To open the settings dialogue for a Gauge, click the Settings button on the Gauge you wish to edit, at the top right of the Gauge Card.
Gauge configuration allows you to:
- Change Variable Settings:
- The Group where the chosen Variable resides.
- The chosen Variable – only Single and Multi type (Not scalar) variables can be chosen for use in Gauges.
- The selected Answers – For single-type variables (SC) you can select one or more answer categories, and the resulting percentage output will be the combination of those selected. For multi-type variables, only one answer category may be selected.
- Change the Gauge Settings:
- Toggle Weighted Data.
- Selected the Gauge Type:
- Radial Half Circle.
- Radial Full Circle.
- Toggle Animation Direction:
- Left to Right (Default).
- Right to Left.
- Select the Gauge Background Colour.
- Change Value Axis Settings:
- Toggle the Value Axis.
- Select the Position of the axis:
- Outside the arc.
- Inside the arc.
- Define the Value Axis Font Settings.
- Check the Value Mark Settings:
- Toggle the Value Mark.
- Define the Value Mark Font Settings.
- Change the Arc Bar Settings:
- Select the bar End Shape:
- Select the Bar Width (Thickness).
- Select the Bar Colour.
- Select the Bar Bckground Colour.
- Filter the calculated data in the Filters & Controls tab.
- Sync the Gauge to a Filter Control on the Dashboard on the Filters and COntrols tab.
Removing Gauges from a Dashboard
To remove a Gauge from a Dashboard:
- Click the Settings button on the Gauge you wish to remove.
- Browse to the Options tab
- Click the Remove Control button.
Using the Dashboard Tool in Tabx
Filter and Variable Control Configuration in Tabx